sdltrs added the following features to xtrs:
- Windows and Mac OS X support.
- Fullscreen display
- Text based GUI on Windows and Linux, and in Fullscreen mode on the Macintosh.
- Configuration files.
- Disk LED Indicators on screen.
- Creation of Disk images inside of the program.
- Saving and loading of disk sets.
- Saving and loading of emualtor state.
- Copy and Paste of text to/from host and emulator.
- USB Joystick support.
sdltrs added the following features only on the Macintosh to xtrs:
- Graphical interface, include Media management with graphical representation of the disk drives and cassette
- Printer emulation of Epson FX-80 and CGP-115 Plotter/Printer, with output to PDF files.
- Debugger in seperate program window.
xtrs has the following features:
- TRS-80 Model I, 3, and 4/4p emulation.
- Emulated cassette drive
- Emulated 5" and 8" floppy disk drives.
- Emulated Hard Drives.
- Data Import and Export from Host
- Sound emulation
- Mouse emulation
- Joystick emulation
- Printer emulation.